Monday, June 25, 2007

Sorry Sarah!

I just can't do it. As ridiculous as it sounded to me initially, after doing a little research I would feel like too much of a cold, heartless, you know... if I poked fun at the idea.

A quick backstory here: A relative, eh, "Tim" called one day with the really bright idea to get a helper-monkey for an arthritic relative who requires daily assistance from a nurse/caregiver. At first I thought Tim was joking, the words "helper monkey" bringing images of chaotic zoo scenes and flashbacks of Zack as a toddler to mind. I felt bad though when I realized how serious Tim was about the idea, and I admit after consideration it would be pretty neat. Helper monkeys are pretty amazing actually and provide a great deal independence to the folks they help. However, our relative doesn't really fit the target profile for the particular non-for-profit group.

So my heart softened I stopped making fun of Tim. Surprisingly though, my saintly sister has been begging me to post a blog poking fun at "Tim." But I can't bring myself to do it, so here is a picture of one of the cute little fellers in action....

http://www.helpinghandsmonkeys.org/

No comments: