Saturday, March 22, 2008

NTC / Fort Irwin, CA

This is where I spent the entire month of January :

I would like to flatter myself and say this is a horrible picture of me, but no, I always look this silly. So it is an accurate representation, unfortunately. For those of you unfamiliar with NTC, its an Army post in the middle of nowhere (Mojave desert) in California where units will go to for a month-long training rotation. During that month you get to "rough it" and pretend you're somewhere like Iraq or Afghanistan. Except, generally speaking, the living conditions at NTC were far more miserable than Iraq. Exhibit A:

What is that, you ask? That's my sleeping tent, being blown away in a sand storm. That happened twice, good times. But enough complaining, I got to fly a good bit out there so it wasn't too bad.


.... and this is a picture of the flightline with one of the mountains in the background, hooray!

No comments: