Saturday, March 22, 2008

Waverly friggin Ohio!

Not too long after I got back from California, I volunteered to be in a small group (six crews) that would go to Fort Campbell, KY for two weeks to do some training down there. I was really hoping to be able to check out our rental house while I was down there, but never made it out there, dang. I was able to visit some old friends that I used to work with though, so that definitly made the trip worthwhile. The weather was mostly great down there and all the crews got a lot of flying in - certainly more than we would back here.

The best part of the trip for me, though, was getting there. We "self-deployed" the helicopters to Fort Campbell by flying them through Pennsylvania and Ohio. My mother's house in Waverly just happened to be right along our route of flight so I took a couple of pictures - I wish we had more time to stop at the little airport there, but we working on a tight timeline.

Ma - sorry the picture isn't better, I forgot my good camera and had to use the disposable :(

No comments: