Monday, May 21, 2007

More Adventures in Landscaping

So yeah, the "lawnmower" i mentioned in the previous post.... I almost looked like a complete idiot in front of my neighbors (although I'm sure I'll have plenty of more opportunities!) Right before Matt left for Wisconsin last weekend, I asked where the lawnmower was - "Oh, the previous owners left a push-mower in the back of the single garage." So no problem, bright and early Saturday morning I headed to the local gas station to fill up the gas can and was all ready to go. I went into the garage, pulled out the lawn mower, and was about to fire it up before I decided to take a look at the obligitory warnings and such on the bottom - good thing, actually, as one of the labels read "NOT FOR CUTTING GRASS." A look underneath the beast confirmed this statement. Yeah, turns out the damn thing is just a mulcher. Boo. And wtf, who do you know with a push-mulcher??!? I would have looked pretty silly pushing that thing around, wondering why the grass wasn't getting any shorter.... However, being the handy gal that I am, I returned from Home Depot an hour later with 1 ea. kick-ass cub cadet mower. Damn I'm good...





No comments: