Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Moment of Weakness

Emotional duress will lead most people to make decisions that they normally wouldn't make. In my case, that decision was to adopt a friend's cat. Everyone, meet "Pretty Kitty."
Just before Matt deployed I talked to him about how I wouldn't be as lonely if Goldie were still around. I would love to get another dog, but I just won't be home enough to take care of one. A cat would be much easier - that's the comment I made without thinking, next the woman who had just announced that she had to find a new home for her cat because she was moving. Damn, I'm a sucker. Oh yeah, and I'm allergic to cats (although giving them regular baths keeps me from sneezing). So here is my new cat, caught hiding underneath the stairs because she's pissed that I gave her a bath. Any good names for her?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think it's pretty funny that you had an emotional breakdown two days after Matt left... way to hang in there, loser! Ha ha.