Friday, September 7, 2007

Things That Suck

No, not Matt. But Matt deploying for 15 months, that sucks. Here is a picture of us yesterday acting like it wouldn't:
When we were deployed (at the same time) before, I never gave much consideration to what it must be like on the "other side" of a deployment, to be the stateside spouse. I can now easily say that I would much rather being hanging out in Iraq than to be attempting normalcy at home while I'm worried about Matt.... And that's as emotional as I'm going to get in this blog.
Of course my opinion might change slightly in a few days when I'm leisurely watching football in the recliner while Matt is melting in Kuwait's 140-degree heat. Yuck.
More on yesterday's suckiness: the whole process took waaaaaay too long. Talk about pulling the bandaid of slowly - The Soldiers all had to report at noon for accountability, then had a full six hours of saying goodbye again and again in between more formations and weapons-drawing, before finally getting on the buses that took them to the plane. Six friggin hours. Miserable. Not to sound old-school, but four years ago the same process took about half an hour from the time Matt dropped me off until we had to say our final goodbye, a nice ripping-off of the bandaid.
Here's a picture of his company waiting for the buses yesterday:

3 comments:

Joel said...

Sorry to hear about Matt's deployment. That does suck.

What's with the gun show in the first picture, Kacie? I feel inadequate...

kacie said...

Gun show? Are you refering to Matt's M4 or my flabby arms? :)

Jessica said...

Wow, you're like a regular old spouse now! Are you making posters with your FRG group yet??